Head of Insurance Law
+372 610 8014
+372 511 1329
Attorney-at-law Andrus Kattel has been working in the legal field since 1997, having already gained previous experience in the areas of wholesale trade, construction and in particular in insurance (Andrus worked for eight years in one of Estonia’s leading insurance companies If P&C Insurance as a tort lawyer).
Between 2001 and 2014 he was a member of the insurance litigation committee (agency for resolving insurance disputes concerning the compulsory insurance, especially motor insurance and professional indemnity insurance of notaries and attorneys; the agency was active until October 2014).
Andrus has extensive experience in pre-trial dispute resolving in the field of insurance and related areas. Andrus has represented clients in large-scale court cases and arbitration panels concerned with real estate and construction law, transport law, enforcement proceedings, tort law, as well as transactions related to acquisitions and takeovers of companies.
Andrus has been recommended as a legal adviser in court cases by the international publication Best Lawyers giving reviews of legal markets.
|2016–….||Law Office NOVE, Attorney-at-law, Partner|
|2006–2016||Law Office SORAINEN, Attorney, Attorney-at-law|
|2001–2014||Member of the Insurance Litigation Committee, Member of the Litigation Committee Panel|
|1998–2006||If P&C Insurance AS, Lawyer|
|1997–1998||AS VIPEX, Lawyer|
|1993||Estonian Customs Board, Trainee/customs inspector|
|1998||University of Tartu, Estonia (Faculty of Law, MA)|
Estonian, English, Finnish, Russian
|Estonian Bar Association|
- NOVE represented the insurer in a dispute related to professional liability cover of the designer 23.01.2017
- The Supreme Court clarified the merits of insurance advisory services regarding an under insurance case 8.11.2016
- Kattel, A., Sein, K. Autorongiga teises riigis põhjustatud liikluskahju: millise riigi õiguse järgi hinnatakse ühe kindlustusandja võimalikku tagasinõuet teise kindlustusandja vastu? Euroopa Kohtu otsus liidetud kohtuasjades C-359/14 ja C-475/14. Juridica 2017, No 3, pp 149-155
- Kattel, A., Luik, O.-J. Mortgagees – Privileged Subjects in Indemnity Insurance. Juridica 2009, No 7, pp 428-438
- Andrus Kattel, Indrek Niklus: kas kohus saab haigeid ravida? Postimees, 18.11.2020
- Lecturer of “Hüvitise vähendamine riski suurenemise korral“. Eesti Kindlustusseltside Liit, 09.06.2016
- Korrektne asjaajamine loob selge vastutuse. Logistikauudised, 04.06.2013
- The rebirth of arbitration in central and eastern Europe. Global Arbitration Review, ülevaated ja kokkuvõtted, 04.07.2011