The NOVE legal team has a comprehensive and unique set of legal know-how and expertise in the field of architectural design, which lets us provide legal advice to both those practising it (architects, engineers) as well as their counter parties and cooperation partners (construction customers and professional liability insurance providers/brokers).
With our expertise and practical experience, we can confidently consult anyone involved in architectural design in all its legal aspects (including negotiating and drafting agreements with customers and subcontractors; counsel and represent in various disputes or claim negotiations; provide legal advice in insurance, (public) procurements, intellectual property, professional qualification issues).
The NOVE team has extensive experience in drafting, negotiating, and advising architectural design contracts – for customers as well as designers. We can also help with any legal issues arising in the course of contract execution. Our wide-ranging set of experience and expertise in the field of designer liability lets us provide both consulting and advocacy in these matters. NOVE also has a strong public procurement law department, ready to provide prompt and professional advice.
The architectural design team is led by Marika Mugur who holds degrees in both law as well as architecture, as well as years of experience with practical litigation, and can easily grasp even the most complex and technical issues both in contract drafting as well as dispute resolution. Marika has also been employed in the insurance sector and has consistently practised insurance law, which provides her with a unique background for advising clients in professional liability insurance issues.
NOVE’s architectural design law team includes highly valued educators teaching construction and planning law in the University of Tartu School of Law.
In the field of architectural design, we help clients by
- drafting and negotiating architectural design contracts,
- advising purchasers, contractors and project supervisors in legal issues associated with architectural design,
- resolving various (including contractual) disputes,
- representing clients’ interests and rights in architectural design related civil disputes (concerning design or building defects) both in and out of court,
- defending clients’ interests and rights in administrative disputes, including those regarding public procurement, building permits and detailed spatial plans,
- defending clients’ interests in local and international arbitration proceedings and interacting with expert.
Architectural design team:
Some of our successful projects:
- Drafting new (architectural design) contract forms for Palmatin OÜ
- Drafting new (architectural design) contract forms for Infragate OÜ
- Drafting the Porto Franco architectural design contract and representing the client in negotiations
- Preparation of architectural design contract and procurement documents for Haljala school
- Representation of Tallinna Sadam AS in litigation related to deficiencies in building design documentation
- Advising and representing architectural design bureaus facing designer liability claims
- Advising insurance providers regarding architectural designer’s professional liability
- Drafting new (architectural design) contract forms for EG Ehitus AS
- Drafting new (construction-architectural design) contract forms for Tallinna Sadam AS
- Drafting the design contract for Ahtri 6 commercial building
- Drafting the design contracts for various objects for Kuubik Projekt
- Drafting the design contract for Linnuse street 3 and 5 residential quarter in Keila.